Below you will find information about how we process your personal information when you use our internet sites.
The Controller for these internet sites is Saum & Viebahn GmbH & Co. KG, E.-C.-Baumann-Straße 12, 95326 Kulmbach, Germany. You can find further information about our businesses and authorised representatives in our legal notice.
1. Range of use
We primarily process your personal data in order to establish and fulfil a contractual relationship concluded with you or based on a legitimate interest.
We collect, store and, if necessary, forward your data, if this is necessary to provide the contractually agreed service, to provide information, to carry out direct marketing activities or other business activities.
Not providing data can result in the contract not being concluded. Furthermore, we only process data if you have consented to processing or if other legal permission has been granted.
2. Purpose of data collection
We process your personal data to achieve the following purposes in connection with establishment and performance of a contractual relationship or other activities in the interests of the business:
- Contract execution (including shipping, after-sales and complaint management)
- Communication with business partners about products, services and projects, as well as responding to inquiries and customer service
- Advertising to existing customers, use as selection criteria for direct marketing in order to be able to offer you a tailored service
- Credit checks
- Management of our customer and supplier relations, dealer support
- Quality management
- Improvement and development of intelligent and innovative services
- Customer analysis through market research and opinion research
- Handling our logistics/materials management
- Reporting through our business
- Observing legal or contractual requirements
- Settlement of disputes, enforcement of contracts and assertion, defence and exercise of legal rights, uncovering and pursuit of fraudulent and other illegal activities.
- Furthermore, we also only process your data with your express consent.
3. We process the following types of data
We process the following personal data:
- Contact details; surname, address, telephone number;
- Identification/payment details; account number, VAT no.
- Order data: Quantity, sales, intervals
- Geodata: Addresses, delivery conditions
- Image data: Photographs and video recordings during company events and trade fair appearances
- Other data: other necessary information relating to the business relationship that is provided voluntarily and available from publicly accessible sources.
4. Legal bases for processing
The following are legal bases for processing data:
- Art. 6 (1) (a) based on consent from you, although consent is not required for concluding a contract or continuing an existing contract,
- Art. 6 (1) (b) to establish, perform or terminate a contractual relationship,
- Art. 6 (1) (c) to fulfil a contractual obligation,
- Art. 6 Abs. 1 lit. f) to protect a legitimate interest
Our legitimate interests lie in achieving the aforementioned purposes and, furthermore, e.g., in:
- Performance of our business interest, including customer information, direct marketing and credit checks,
- Improvement of efficiency and effectivity potentials, including in collaboration with partners and associated businesses,
- Ensuring compliance with safety regulations, conditions, industrial standards and contractual obligations,
- Assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims,
- Avoidance of harm and/or liability of the business through appropriate measures,
- Information and communication measures, including promotional, and
- Reporting about company information.
5. Customer analysis
For customer analysis, data is processed either in anonymous or pseudonymous form if anonymous processing is not possible or appropriate for objective reasons.
If necessary, some of the aforementioned processes or services are carried out by carefully selected and commissioned service providers. We only send or receive personal data to or from these service providers based on a processing agreement. If the head office of a service provider is outside the European Union or the European Economic Area, third-country transfer will take place. Privacy agreements in accordance with the legal requirements are concluded with these service providers on a contractual basis to ensure an appropriate level of data protection, and the appropriate guarantees are agreed.
6. Categories of recipient
Personal data is transferred to group companies, authorities, providers of legal services/auditors as necessary.
If we are legally obliged to do so, we will release your data to the responsible authority on request.
7. Data collected by third parties
Data may be made available to us by third parties, e.g., within the scope of recommendations. In these cases, the information received is usually contact data in conjunction with data concerning specific product and/or service requirements.
We may obtain data from credit agencies regarding creditworthiness and/or negative characteristics.
8. Storage period
Once the respective purpose has been met, your data will be deleted in compliance with legal retention deadlines in accordance with GDPR.
8.1 Deletion of data
We delete personal data when no requirement for further storage exists. A requirement for further storage may exist if the data is still required to fulfil contractual obligations or to check and grant or to defend guarantee and warranty claims. If statutory retention periods exist, deletion will only be considered after expiration of the respective retention requirement.
9. Your rights as a data subject
You have the right to information about data that concerns you. You can contact us for information at any time.
If requests for information are not made in writing, we regret that we will have to ask for proof that you are the person for whom the information is requested.
Furthermore, you have a right to correction or deletion or to restriction of processing if you are legally entitled to it.
Lastly, you have a right to object to processing in accordance with statutory provisions.
You also have a right to data portability in accordance with data protection provisions.
10. Right to complain to a supervisory authority
You have the right to complain to a supervisory authority for data protection about our processing of your personal data.
Version: Kulmbach, August 2022